Thursday 31 January 2008

Flash - Lip Sync Session

This session was great! When Andy was demonstrating the lip sync in Flash I thought well this doesn't look too bad, but it is harder to do than it looks! Getting to know a small part of Flash is bad enough, but I did really enjoy it when I eventually got going.
The session worked well because of using drawings that were already done, and so you could experiment quite easily, once you had got over the initial timing of the frames to the sounds of the vowels and the consonants. It is difficult to identify where the sound falls, ie; on what frame, but after trial and error it seemed to work.
I hope the 'Lola' version I did worked Ok, it looked fine to my untrained eye.

I really enjoyed the session and I am looking forward to doing the face lip sync but not the self portrait bit! I think it is going to be harder to do because of having to create all the mouth postures as well as synchronise.

'Lola' (lip sync by a novice)


No comments: