Sunday 8 February 2009

Storyboard Project







A few shots from the storyboard project.


Well . . . I feel like I have been on quite an emotional journey with this project. At the beginning I thought this sounds like an interesting idea for a storyboard, but as time went on and an idea just didn't arrive in my head I had second thoughts and decided it was a horrible project.

I think it was the time scale of the other lip sync project that disturbed the flow of ideas in my brain. I got into the lip sync project (which I didn't think I would enjoy doing) and after I had finished that I found it difficult to transfer my thinking over to a different project.

I had hoped to have about 8-10 days to work on the storyboard but the days just started to pass by and nothing happened . . . I tried sketching and doodling, thumbnails and writing but just couldn't settle on an idea in my head. When eventually late on Sunday evening I just tried to draw up a few scenes that had been visualised in my head, and that was fortunately enough to kick start the whole story idea in my head. So Monday morning I was able to get on with forming key scenes and very quickly it then started to come together. . . much to my relief!

Now I think that it is my favourite project to date for the result I achieved. This is probably the first piece of colour work I have produced since starting my degree which I approve of. It is a lot nearer to the kind of imagery I have been trying to get to. Although it took a lot out of me, having little time to produce the finished piece actually meant I couldn't sit and think too hard about the drawings, and the individual scenes flowed as I did them without a break, so there is consistency. Some of the drawings could have been done better and I can only hope that it does read well as a storyboard.



No comments: