Friday 23 November 2007

3D Modelling 1st Session

First installment of 4 week block for 3D modelling course.
I have never done any 3D modelling before on a computer, so using this for the first time was a bit scary but although the software programme looks huge to learn in full I found it relavtively user friendly. I really enjoyed the first session, I only hope I can keep up!
I thought james White taught well considering it was his first teaching session, he made it easy to follow.
The programme is very sensitive to use and alot of things are required to remember just to navigate the object into different viewing angles. Once you can remember these then you can start to think more about the shape you are working on, because being able to move around your object to check it from all angles is going to give you the object you want more acurately.
Having worked as a designer on a 3D product and enjoying working on other forms of model making I really enjoyed working on a shape in 3D, I think my brain works in 3D naturally so I really enjoyed it.
I am looking forward to next session but as always nervous of the unknown, so I hope it goes OK.

1 comment:

Andy Wyatt said...

That's really encouraging to hear that you are finding 3d quite intuative. I was always rather hoping you would, especially with your background in a 3d related design. I reckon you could well have found one of your fortes?