Thursday 5 June 2008

Group Project: Post Production


Editing and Sound

I continued to work on the elphant t-shirt project to do editing, foley and and compositing.

We recorded some sound effects for the elephant ( James is now the voice of the little blue elephant!) and edited the results in Audition. There are 6 sounds in all, including a drumroll, nervous 'oooohs' for the elephant and audience applause. This took quite a while to do, trying to get some atmosphere and character into the final film. But I am sure a proper 'sound man' would have done a much better job!

The final stage of exporting was a painful process, it turned out that the original Flash file was over a GB in size for some reason, so the rendering was taking over 2 hours. So in the end I exported the Flash files as a PNG image sequence, which was of more normal size and then could render from Premiere in a few minutes.

I enjoyed working with Charlotte as producer, as she helped when I needed her to do something and left me alone when I needed to just get on with things as I wished to.

Things I learnt:
More timing in animation, as just reading about it in thoery doesn't get it into your head, only doing it does that.

How not to work with too many images from hand drawn to computer vectors, there must be another way. . .

Some stuff about rendering but this is still a mine field.

And how I am not too good at sound

No comments: