Wednesday 19 November 2008

BBC presentation project-1st entry




I had decided on a story which I wrote a couple of years ago, it was developed into an interactive CD project which used all vector illustrations. At the time I was more concerned with getting the interactive story and audio sorted, wanting to get to grips with vector drawing. I was never very happy with the illustrations so I thought this project would be a chance to develope the project visually and edit the story (which needs a lot of editing!)

I also want to write the script, but I know this will tak a long time as the narrative is currently about 8'500 words.

I started with the animatic as I thought this process would kick start the whole project.

I am quite happy with the result so far on the animatic, found some music, which will probably sound inappropriate when played on the big screen in front of everyone, but I like it! If I have time I will include some sound effects, but I know that this is not my area. . .so I don't want to ruin things.
I used Flash to animate some of the scenes in the animatic, hand drawn images in pencil scanned in and resized where needed. Because these images are bitmaps there are some that become speckled. I tried to resize where I could, but because I wanted to use zooming in and out from shots it was difficult to always have the correct size required. I managed to get the correct size of images in most of the shots by using smaller psd files in the background and when zooming in swapping over to larger psd files by deleting the smaller files on one layer and beginning a new layer with the larger images. So that at least after the motion of zooming has finished the viewer is at least looking at a better image.

I really like working in black and white, and using hand drawn illustrations. This process did start to bring my story to life which was great.

Became more familiar with Flash through this animatic exercise too.

I WILL UPLOAD SOME IMAGES WHEN THE INTERNET ALLOWS ME TO!!!!

No comments: