Thursday 12 March 2009

Mash Up

Really liked doing this project, it is amazing what can be done with different a sound track to visuals. It is good to know a bit more about Premiere as well.

After viewing all the clips and deciding which ones to choose (Bladerunner for the visuals and Singing in the Rain for the sound track), I started by listening to the sound track first a few times and watching the visuals as well, this gave me some idea of what clips might go with which sound.

I decided to just take out a few pieces in the sound track, there is some dialogue which I wanted to include but it was a bit too long so I edited some out in Audition. Also there is a section of 'tap' dancing which would have sounded a bit odd so that was edited out. I left the sound track in the same order for the rest of the trailor because as it is a musical there are a lot of cuts and changes in tempo already, so I didn't feel the need to re-cut the different songs and music. I decided that it would be best to time sections of music to compatible images. I used 'speed/duration' to lenghten and shorten clips to fit in with the length and tempo of the music, this seems to work.

In doing this project I realise that having a sound track to work visuals to makes a lot of sense, a lot like doing 'lip synch', the timing is already done and this almost works out the timing of the visuals for you!

So on 'Talking Dog' I am going to put together a sound track (it may not be that good, because sound doesn't seem to be my thing!), but this will give me a starting point for timing and length of the animtion.

No comments: