Wednesday 18 March 2009

Talking Dog

Haven't got any further yet, as the compositing project took over at the weekend.

But I have decided on the style. . . I am going to aim at a mostly monotone look for backgrounds, and just adding colour to the flags and banners, and stuff that I want to stand out.

I want it to seem quite serious so that when the little guys come out of the back of the armour it is more of a contrast. . .and I want them to be a sort of 'Elma Thud' type character, quite cute, small body and large heads.

I am going to start the pre-production with character and background designs, and a rough storyboard as usual. . . but then I am going to put together a sound track to work the animatic from. I normally leave the sound till the end and panic, so doing it much earlier will help deal with timing. In doing the editing project I used the rhythm and length of the music sound track to set the visuals to, it felt like the same process as doing lip synch. . . so I am going to use this method to start my animatic.

Just a theory at the moment but I am hopeing it will help sort my timing better.

No comments: