Tuesday 24 November 2009

Backgrounds

Mediums and techniques are causing problems, I have had some success with mixed media. . . using a combination of pastels and pencils over computer artwork - making one layer transparent. And I think it can work well for certain backgrounds, ethereal places such as underwater. I don't seem to create landscapes well because they end up either too real or too flat and non-perspective. . . I need to break the cycle.

Anyway, the landscape (which took ages to do, and feels like I was flogging a dead horse) doesn't fit with the style of the street background, so need to try something different.

But I need to take a break, so maybe I'll do the character turnaround sheets and start getting what I have done together for the design bible and let the backgrounds evolve at their own pace.

No comments: