Wednesday 4 November 2009

Major Project - meagre beginnings

First blog entry for the third year. . .not the start to my final year that I had planned.

Anyway, here are the beginning stages of my project. . . public information films based around a family. Don't know what to do about 'PC' stuff at the moment, so I am ignoring it in the hope that it will all come out in the wash with the end result. I think eventually it will mean that the family will be extended to include other nationalities, thinking about an adopted child of ethnic background and the teenagers girlfriend being of mixed race. Don't really feel confident about tackling the topic at the moment though, so I'll see how things develop.

Not too sure about the characters, they have come out differently than I had intended. . . may have to just live with them for a while. Think I might try to '1950's' them up abit, which is the look I wanted more so. Colour versions may make things clearer, want to keep things simple.

Backgrounds: I have a look in mind, I hope it will work out. . . I want the backgrounds to be pale and based on monochrome rather than too colourful, haven't got that far yet so I'll have to wait and see.

No comments: