Wednesday 24 October 2007

Light and Heavy

I really enjoyed the animation practice session on Tuesday 23th, our first real animation task.
Trying to deal with the difference between light and heavy bodies jumping really does start the brain thinking about mass and volume, in a way you would not normally do.

I found it really difficult at first to think of how many frames would be required throughout the seqence, I wasn't so much surprised by how many it took, but terrified! I used 41 frames for the first one on heavy, but needed to use more for the anticipation on the second bounce from the spring board.

The end result was better than I thought for the heavy version.

At this point in time I am only half way through the light figure drawings, but I look forward to seeing the result. I plan to improve the heavy figure animation by adding in drawings at the anticipation stage.

No comments: