Monday 13 April 2009

Knights Armour designs




I wanted the armour to look 'butch', as it is described as 'metal behemoths' in the script, but I also wanted it not to be so serious, so I went for more almost ridiculous rather than 'iron man'.

I'm quite pleased with them as I think they each have some personality without any facial expressions.

My main source of initial inspiration was from fifties animation, and although the style that has emerged isn't the more graphic image of that period I think it helped get a distinctive overall design style for the concept artwork.
The main action is between the blue and red knight, and blue knight wins, so I wanted him to be a little bit of a 'show off' with a burly pose. Red knight used to be good at winning at sword fights,
but he is a bit past it now, and Green knight is big and robust in stature, but he has the squeaky high pitch gruff so when he comes onto the scene he looks impressive but ends up crawling off on his hands and knees.


No comments: