Thursday 23 April 2009

First Flash Scenes for Animatic

Started on one of the fight sequences and got really stuck at the first hurdle!

Eventually got something but it took days to get one sequence, and then it was only because I added a gag that isn't in the script. But it did kick start the process, so hopefully it will start to flow now.
'The Pearce Sisters' animatic which Andy showed me got me thinking about the process in a different way, that of more sketchy in drawing style, and with more emphasis on the story telling process. And of course my favourite 'Sound' making a huge impact on the way in which the story is put across. The use of still images in more close succession as well, rather than using animation in cut out style.

But I'll probably carry on with the style that I have started with for now and consider a different approach next time. Some of the scenes will be still images though to move the process on a bit as I want to get all the scenes done by the end of next week, to leave a week for sound and editing.

Here are some of the first Flash pieces!


No comments: