Wednesday 24 March 2010

Riptides

Spent the last couple of days editing Riptides and filling in scenes which didn't flow. It all got a bit frustrating on Tuesday and Wednesday as Photoshop, After Effects and Premiere decided to crash continually . . . so thanks Adobe, that was great fun!

Anyway, Riptides feels like it has been a marathon, but actually it has taken just over 2 weeks really, as I took a few days out to do a few other bits of work, but maybe it is because it was the last animatic to do. . . its been a long and hard 7 weeks.

I can't tell yet how Riptides is looking, need an independent eye to give it a viewing first.

The process over the last 7 weeks, though, has been interesting . . . I feel I have learnt loads of stuff and that my story telling through film language has improved greatly, which was part of the plan . . . so success there at least.
I have used Flash, Photoshop and After Effects for animated bits as they all do a variety of things, although I should get more used to using After Effects as it is the most versatile for actual clips and still use Photoshop animation layers for planning out the scenes.

Some clips from Riptides.




No comments: