Tuesday 23 March 2010

Sound for Major Project

Been thinking about sound (music and foley) since before starting the project, it is always the thing which trips me up. I don't really know what feel the music should have, kind of . . . know it if I heard it!

But I have made some progress hopefully, I have applied to Dartington for their expertise on Composition. Don't know if most of their students will be away for Easter hols or not, but I have had a couple of replys which sound interesting and interested, which is great.

My main thoughts for the films is that they should have one theme tune for the series, and that the foley aspect could be done with instrumental sounds instead of real or manufactured sounds. So, for example, a screeching brass instrument for Frank's cry of pain as he is being peeled, or flutes for bird song etc. Don't know if this is possible . . . hope so, as I can hear something like this working well and it would take care of both elements, music and foley.

I feel really excited about working with someone on specially composed music and sound.

No comments: