Friday 15 February 2008

OSTN Ident

I think I am looking forward to getting stuck into this project, but I really want to do it well, so there is some fear of failing mixed in, as I have a strong vision in my head as to the desired effect.

In answer to your question Andy on creativity: the best thing so far in this project is that I actually have a vision in my head as an idea, which is amazing for me. This is the first idea I have had since starting at Uni. so I feel relieved because I thought my brain had dried up and that I had lost my 'creative mojo'. I think my brain has just been surviving in trying to deal with all the new stuff because change can be so exhausting!

So the idea is the thing! Now I just have to do it justice! I know I will get alot wrong but hopefully somethings right and learn from all the mistakes. I am planning to keep the technology simple to take the pressure off and try to concerntrate on getting the idea across. I want the story to be the main focus and keep the visuals quite basic and simple. The theme is to create a series of stories that could expand and evolve with the characters. I hope I can acheive something close to what is in my head.

1 comment:

Andy Wyatt said...

Great comments here. I'm starting to stress to everyone now that IDEAS are the most important thing. That is what makes an animated film so good. I'm really impressed with your grasp at story structure and thinking in visual sequences. Try watching the TV with the sound down and noting the use of shots (in a drama or film) and write your findings up on this blog.