Friday 15 February 2008

Self Protrait Lip Sync

I found this project quite frustrating as I didn't enjoy doing a self protrait, just couldn't get my face or character down on paper, felt a bit like revealing your soul!
So spent most of the time that I would liked to have spent on the animation just trying to acquire an image that I felt comfortable with. The lip sync part was much harded to do than with 'Lola', maybe because of the extra work involved in having to draw all the mouth positions and get them correct. It seemed OK drawing the mouth postions at first, but then when I took them into my animation, I found some of them didn't really match the required sound. Also I was trying to put too many mouth positions into a word, perhaps 4 or 5, when only 2 or 3 are required, less works much better....
I have started a new Self Protrait, which I think will work better than the one I finished, it is a much better composition, so when it done I will put up on my blog. But this will have to take second place to the 'OSTN' project work.
To conclude, I hated my final project, it wasn't what I wanted to do at all, it ended up a mish-mash. This is because I didn't have a vision in my head and was thinking about driving the vehicle rather than looking where I was going!


No comments: