Friday 29 February 2008

OSTN project update


So glad to have the extension, I would have finished the project some how for the original deadline, but this way I feel I had more time to plan and really get to grips with my idea.
I spent 3 days wanting to get started on the animation over last Friday, Saturday and Sunday but ended up still thinking through the process, which at the time felt over indulgent, but now feels like time well spent. I finally started the animation drawings the following week, on Thursday and felt I made good progress.
I felt sometimes that I was putting off starting the animation because of the fear of getting it wrong or the fear of technology. I wanted to use Flash in a certain way, by using the pivotal points and gaining the smoothness, but now I realise that even if it is possible to do my project in this way I would not feel confident to do it. I am not sure I understand all the ways that are available anyway! I hope in the future that I will be able to decide on a style/technique from choice rather than reduced options due to limited exsperience and knowledge.

Anyway, the animation process has begun, I am drawing all the characters and the movement cycles by hand using peg paper and will scan all images into Illustrator and create vector drawings. I used my digital camera to import the images into Premiere and imported the sound effect that I edited of cowboy boots and spurs walking to match up with the movement. This seems like a good way to work on timing for the opening sequence, don't know if it right or not.
I have just about finished the first 3 seconds of 6.5 seconds of action and will then start the vector drawings which hopefully will go!

No comments: