Monday 18 January 2010

Dissertation

Thanks for the Major Project COUNTDOWN CLOCK on the learning space . . . if anything brings home the thought about time passing so quickly it is that clock ticking away!

Had feedback from Anne over Xmas as I handed in my draft ahead of time. After reading the feedback about 3 times and making some notes, I got stuck in . . . it took me about 10 days to get to grips with it. It does read better, it has a more logical flow than the first draft, but I think there could be more to do . . . just don't know when I'm going to get around to it as I want to get stuck into the Major project storyboards and animatics.

Everytime I stop artwork to do the dissertation I end up spending at least a week proof reading over and over, and re-writing. It always reads better, but there is a finite period of time to work on everything . . . so at some point it really will be time to let it go, and I think apart from one last proofread and edit, that will be it. Just need to add a few last illustrations from a library book which I am waiting for and clarification on illustration bibliography format from Anne.

Overall, it has been quite a painful process!!

No comments: