Friday 22 January 2010

This Happy Breed - Scripts

Wrote the three scripts last week . . . which I was a little nervous of starting, but when I finally got to writing they flowed quite well and they were all drafted out in 2 days. So a pleasant surprise!

After some ammendments they seem to read OK. I can see them quite clearly in my head now, which is a relief. It is always a bit nerve racking, I think, when you have an idea but it isn't formed completely and you know in the back of your mind that you will have to iron out all the inconsistencies when writing the script. Connecting all the scenes to make the original idea come alive without compromising the essence of the story is very tricky. But I think these scripts have come together without too much sacrifice to my original thoughts. So far so good!

Riptides: Queenie, the Gibbons teenage daughter, goes swimming in the sea ignoring the safety flags and puts her life in peril.

Don't be Rude on the Road: Kenny, the teenage son, is knocked off his bike whilst out cycling along country lanes by a reckless driver.

Couch Potato: Frank Gibbons turns into a large 'King Edward' whilst napping on the sofa after consuming copious quantaties of junk food one Saturday afternoon.

No comments: