Monday 18 January 2010

Wacom Tablet Heaven!


Just managed to get a Wacom tablet . . . been putting it off since last year, as I wasn't sure if it was worth the cost, an 'Intuos 4'. Well, I now have the answer to the question . . . it was worth it!

It is quite simply the best thing ever . . . I now know what I have been missing out on. It is not only easier as far as using the pen as opposed to a mouse, in manoeuvring about, but also a stipple brush in Photoshop drawn with a mouse just becomes another thick line rather than remaining a stippled line. Intricate shapes and curves suddenly become transported like magic!!

Anyway, I am in love with my Wacom tablet and pen.

Here is the first example of artwork . . . a background for 'Riptides'. Underwater scene, with light ripples and seaweed. Wanted to keep it quite ethereal and slightly abstract rather than too graphic.

No comments: